BARCELONA BALLET PROJECT
BARCELONA BALLET PROJECT
International High Training Program of Dancers
BARCELONA – SPAIN
• Practical Experience in the study of ballet and contemporary dance
• Practical experience in the choreographic composition and musical choosing (for solo, pas de deus and group)
• Theoretical knowledge of the subjects which are included in the program of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year
• Final evaluation with theoretical and practical exam which consists in an evaluation in a ballet class and in a contemporary class, choreographic composition and written and oral exam
• Training of dancer requires today a more completed and specialized preparation.
• Beyond the technical ability, must provide versatility and different skills in the academic and contemporary languages, knowledge and capacity in the choreographic composition, in the improvisation and musical choosing.
• In our training program we give to dancers the possibility to partecipate actively to the compositional process, with various tests directing their creativity, about a proposed theme, to choreographic creation.
• The path leads students in the study of ballet and contemporary dance, offering a advanced and professional level of educational and artistic proposals.
– Academic ballet
– Physical and mental energy and relationship mind and body
– Body centre considered as point where is our energy
– Floor work, floor relationship, knowledge of gravity force in dance
– Physical contact and relationship with each other
– Dynamics and its testing
This work involves the use of the floor as a key and driving force for movement.
The appropriate use of the floor and the force of gravity become an instrument to aquire knowledge of the center of the body and its connections with the periphery.
Motion and visualization in the use of the skeleton and the deep muscles, looking better motor organization with minimal effort.The work starts from simple patterns of movement that grow up to become more complex sequences .
Much importance is given to ” being present ” in the movement . This is accomplished by the use of vision and sensory perception.
During the Choreographic Laboratory uses several elements of improvisation led to further exploration of movement and explore the concept of presence , relationship with space , with time and with others.
It therefore wants to bring students to a knowledge of the movement of the expressive possibilities of the same, to develop their personal creative skills and to expand their own knowledge in a theoretical field related to dance and choreography.
CHOREOGRAPHIC COMPOSITION :
– Choreographic work: themes and ideas for choreography
– Creating Choreography for soloists , pairs and groups
THEORY I, II , III YEAR
- Anatomy Applied to dance ( reference text : Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais Volume 1 – Germain
and . The Archer
– Theory and History of Dance ( Recommended reading: ” The Modern Dance ” by John Martin , “The Art of Choreography ” Doris Humphrey , notes the professor ) ;
– Study of physical perception , posture and movement through the visualization. Testo reference “Viewing and Movement ” by Eric Franklin
LABAT CULT ARTEVENTI INNOVATIVE PROJECT AND PROGRAM STUDY.
As part of an in-depth study program for our dancers as well as an important possibility of visibility and contact with the working world of dance, the artistic direction of the BBP organises a series of study meetings with other directors of dance companies who will take turns along the academic year.
BARCELONA BALLET PROJECT
International High Training Program for Dancers
Triennio pre professionale per danzatori
Progetto ideato e diretto dalla Labat Cult Arteventi
PRESENTAZIONE DEL PROGETTO
OBBIETTIVI DEL TRIENNIO
La professione del danzatore richiede oggi una preparazione sempre più completa e specializzata. Oltre all’abilità tecnica, deve prevedere versatilità e competenze nell’ambito dei diversi linguaggi accademici e contemporanei e conoscenza e capacità
nell’approccio alla composizione coreografica, all’improvvisazione e alla scelta musicale.
Nel nostro percorso formativo triennale si offre, inoltre, la possibilità ai danzatori di partecipare attivamente al processo compositivo, misurandosi nelle diverse prove e veicolando la propria creatività, nell’ ambito di un tema scelto, verso la creazione coreografica. Il percorso conduce i partecipanti nello studio e nella pratica della danza classica e contemporanea, offrendo un livello avanzato e professionale di proposte didattiche e artistiche.
• Esperienza pratica nello studio della danza classica e contemporanea
• Esperienza pratica nella composizione coreografica e scelta musicale (per solisti, passo a due e gruppo)
• Apprendimento teorico delle materie previste nel programma per il primo, per il secondo e per il terzo anno
• Valutazione finale annuale con esame teorico/pratico consistente in una lezione di valutazione di danza classica ed una lezione di valutazione di danza contemporanea, costruzione coreografica ed un conseguente esame scritto ed orale.
- Formazione classica accademica
– Energia fisica e mentale e relazioni tra loro
– Il centro del corpo inteso come punto in cui risiede la nostra energia
– Il lavoro a terra, relazione con il pavimento, conoscenza della forza di gravità applicata alla danza
– Il contatto fisico e la relazione con l’altro
– La dinamica e la sua sperimentazione
Il lavoro prevede l’uso del pavimento come supporto fondamentale e forza propulsiva al movimento. L’utilizzo appropriato del pavimento e della forza di gravità si fa strumento per acquisire consapevolezza del centro del corpo e delle sue connessioni con la periferia.
Movimento e Visualizzazione nell’utilizzo dello scheletro e della muscolatura profonda.Ciò fa in modo che nel movimento si utilizzi prevalentemente la muscolatura profonda, cercando una migliore organizzazione fisico-motoria con il minimo sforzo.
Il lavoro parte da modelli semplici di movimento che si sviluppano fino a divenire sequenze più complesse.
Molta importanza viene data “all’essere presente” nel movimento. Ciò viene ottenuto nell’utilizzo dello sguardo e della percezione sensoriale.
Durante il Laboratorio Coreografico vengono utilizzati diversi elementi di Improvvisazione guidata per approfondire l’esplorazione del movimento ed approfondire il concetto di presenza, relazione con lo spazio, con il tempo e con gli altri.
Si vuole dunque condurre lo studente verso una conoscenza del movimento, delle possibilità espressive dello stesso, verso uno sviluppo delle proprie personali capacità creative e verso un ampliamento delle proprie conoscenze in campo teorico legate alla danza ed alla coreografia.
- Lavoro coreografico: temi e spunti per una coreografia
- Creazione coreografica per solisti, coppie e gruppi
PERCORSO FORMATIVO TEORICO I, II, III ANNO
- Anatomia applicata alla danza (testo di riferimento: Anatomia del Movimento volume 1 di Blandine Calais – Germain
– Teoria e Storia Della Danza (Testi di riferimento: “La Danza – Storia, Teoria, Estetica nel Novecento” di Alessandro Pontremoli, “La Modern Dance” di John Martin, “L’arte della Coreografia” di Doris Humphrey, appunti della docente);
– Studio della percezione fisica, della postura e del movimento attraverso la visualizzazione.Testo di riferimento “Visualizzazione e Movimento” di Eric Franklin
VIDEO SELECTION ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
Send your video with a solo of classical variation or contemporary piece to
The course will start September 2, 2019.
Required age 16/24 years
- Juryman for the international dance school contest "Encuentro international para academias de danzas y estudiantes de ballet" Ciutat de la Habana - Cuba - organized by Escuela Nacional de Ballet Fernando Alonso and CNEART. (2017/2018/2019 editions)
- Artistic Director ENBC Italia - Formative Program Método Escuela Nacional de Ballet "Fernando Alonso" Cuba
- Creator, Artistic Director and appointed Responsible, for Italy by University Institute “Alicia Alonso” - Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, for the “Educational two-year course for dance teacher on methodology of Cuban Classical Ballet”
- Artstic Director and Dance Teacher/Choreographer for Barcelona Ballet Project - Pre Professional three year course for dancers.
- Guest Teacher and Juryman Certamen Internacional de Danza Ciutat de Barcelona IV and V edition (Jury: Hector Zaraspe, Julio Bocca, Christine Dakin, Nya Bowman, Javier La Torre, Igal Perry, Gino Labate)
- Artistic Director of “Labat Loano Dance Festival (13 editions), as well as the “Labat Grand Prix Giuliana Penzi” and the contest “Un Popolo che Danza”
- Artistic Director of International Dance Contest “Passi di Talento” City of Montecatini.
- Creator and Artistic Director of social initiative against alcool, drug and car crashes Saturday night “Life Vite Spezzate”
- Creator and Artistic Director of social initiative against violence to women.
- Artistic Director of “Labat International Dance Competition Città di Alassio”
- Teacher and Choreographer for the Festival of San Lorenzo - El Escorial Spagna. University Institute “Alicia Alonso” - Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
- June 8th /12th 2015 Invited Teacher and Choreographer for contemporary classes of Rebecca Metzger’s Summer Intensive in Lovett School and North Atlanta Dance Academy’s summer intensive - Atlanta Georgia USA
- June 13th/20 Ft. Lauderdale Florida for the Dance Theatre Parkland. Florida USA
- Creator of social project “Dance for Life”
- Creator and Artistic Director of social initiative for mental illness “Danza per la Mente, Città solidali in Danza”
- Artistic Director and Choreographer of Labat Contemporary Dance Company
- Director and Choreographer of dance production for mental illness “Stati Emotivi, Dentro la Follia”
- Artistic Director of the center “Labat Art’s Academy” of Reggio Calabria
- Artistic Director of the Festival “Urban in Danza, Città di Catanzaro”
- Artistic Director of the “Labat Reggio Danza Festival”
- Principal Dancer Of the Dance Production “Stati Emotivi, Dentro la Follia”
- Artistic Director of Cultural Association “Spazio Danza Calabria”
-Artistic Director of Dance Festival “Calabria Danzarte Reggio Danza”
- Dance Teacher Festival “Vignale Danza”
- Guest Principal Dancer Festival “Vignale Danza”
- Dance Teacher Festival “Vignale Danza”
- Juryman of Dance Contest “Vignale Danza”
- Dance Teacher, Guest Choreographer and Juryman for IV International Contest of Students of Ballet,
City of Habana (Cuba)
He created choreographies for the Gala of IV International Contest of Students of Ballet, Habana (Cuba):
- Mella Theater, Choreography “Despues de la Oscuridad”, created for Escuela Nacional Espectaculo Musical, XXXV Anniversary of Camaguey Ballet
- Mella Theater, Choreography “Twenty in Life”, created for Escuela Nacional de Danza Contemporanea, gala in honor of Alicia Alonso, Fernando Alonso and Alberto Alonso
- National Theater, Choreography “Dentro la Follia”, created for Escuela Nacional de Ballet, dancer Rolando Sarabia, international star of Cuban Ballet
- National Theater, Choreography “Risveglio”, created for Escuela Nacional de Ballet
- Juryman of the International Contest of Habana (Cuba) - ( Jury: Fernando Alonso, Ramona De Sàa, Alberto Mèndez, Paula Castro, Gino Labate)
- Guest Teacher and Choreographer for Prensa Conference in the International Center Prensa of Habana (Cuba)
- Member of the Court of Evaluation for the period of Professional Practice Habana and Varadero
- Guest Teacher and Juryman Festival “Vignale Danza”
- Guest Teacher and Choreographer III International Ballet contest, Habana (Cuba)
- Choreographer for the Escuela Nacional de Danza Contemporanea, choreography “Dos en Tres”, National Theater of Habana (Cuba)
- Choreographer for the Escuela Nacional de Ballet, choreographies “ Dos en Movimiento” and “Recuerdo”, National Theater of Habana (Cuba)
- Choreographer for the Escuela Nacional de Espectaculo Musical, choreography “Fragmentos”, National Theater of Habana (Cuba)
- Ballet and Contemporary Dance Teacher at the third International Meeting of Ballet Academies
- Choreographer, at the Gala of International Ballet Contest Habana, for Escuela Nacional de Arte (CNART)
- Dance Teacher for the Methodology Program “Fondazione Teatro Nuovo di Torino”
- Guest Teacher and Juryman for the Festival “Vignale Danza”
- Artistic Director Dance Festival “Danzare ’95”, Palaeur (Rome)
- Guest Teacher and Juryman Festival “Vignale Danza”
- Choreographer for TV program “Uno Mattina”, RAI (national television network)
- First Dancer and Choreographer for the production “Enigma”, San Genesio Theater (Rome)
- First Dancer and Choreographer, charity initiative for autistic children, Choreography “Enigma”, Piper ’90 (Rome)
- Creator and Choreographer for the production “Oltre il Buio”, social initiative against AIDS
- First Dancer and Choreographer at the “Bottega Coreografica Grassina “ (Firenze)
- First Dancer and Choreographer in a Dance Festival in Basel (Switzerland), production “Enigma”
From 1983 to 1989
Soloist and First Dancer for the Company of the Teatro Comunale “Maggio Musicale Fiorentino” (Firenze)
The most important productions:
- “La Silfide”, choreographer Peter Schaufuss, soloist in the four witches (1983)
- “Pulcinella”, choreographer Oscar Araiz, first dancer (1984)
-- “Giselle”, choreographer E. Poliakov, first dancer (Duke), with Carla Fracci and James Urbain
- “Giselle” choreographer E. Poliakov, soloist, with R. Nureyev and Sylvie Guillem
- “La Strada”, choreographer Mario Pistoni, soloist
- “Il Cappotto”, choreographer Fleming Flindt, soloist
- “Il Principe di Legno”, soloist
From 1980 to 1982
Soloist for the Company of National Dance Academy Rome
The most important productions:
- “Giselle”, choreographer Zarko Prebil
- “Don Quixote”, choreographer Zarko Prebil
- “Lago dei Cigni”, choreographer Zarko Prebil
- “Schiaccianoci”, choreographer Zarko Prebil
Soloist and First Dancer Teatro dell’ Opera Roma.
The most important productions:
- “Marco Spada”, choreographer Pierre Lacotte, with R. Nureyev, F. Zumbo, M. Denard.
- “Bella Addormentata”
- “Bergkristall”, with Carla Fracci and G. Janku
1977 - “Traviata”, direction Franco Zeffirelli, Soloist, with V: Vassiliev and C. Maximova
1991 - “Tindari Grandi Artisti” (Italy)
1996 - “Civiltà del Mare, per la Coreografia” (Italy)
1997 - Centro Nacional de Escuelas de Arte, Habana (Cuba)
1998 - Escuela Nacional de Danza Moderna, Habana (Cuba)
2016 - Special prize to dance promotion - consegnato da F.N.A.S.D. Leggere per ballare progetti per la Danza - Busseto Italy
Rome National Dance Academy
THEORY AND HISTORY OF DANCE
ANATOMY APPLIED TO MOVEMENT
- Artistic Director ENBC Italia - Formative Program Método Escuela Nacional de Ballet "Fernando Alonso" Cuba
- Artistic Director Barcelona Ballet Project - Pre Professional three years course for dancers.
- Artistic Director Labat Dance School Contest .... scuole di danza la sfida!!
- Artistic Director Labat Summer Dance Intensive Chianciano Terme
- Contemporary dance teacher Centre de Dansa de Catalunya - Barcelona - Spain
- Artistic Director of “ Educational two-year course for dance teacher on methodology of Cuban classical ballet”, in collaboration with University Institute “Alicia Alonso” – Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
From 2002 to 2015: Artistic Director of “Labat Loano Dance Festival”
as well as the “Labat Grand Prix Giuliana Penzi” and the contest “Un Popolo che Danza”
From 2002 to 2013: Soloist and Prima Ballerina at the “Labat Contemporary Dance Company”.
Assistant of the choreographer Gino Labate
• Artistic Director of the “International Dance Competition – Citta’ d’Alassio” and Artistic Coordinator of the “International Dance Competition – Citta’ di Montecatini”
• Artistic Director and Choreographer of “Vite Spezzate” (social campaign against alcohol abuse, drugs and weekend car accidents).
• Artistic Director and Choreographer of “Oltre il Buio” (social campaign against women violence)
• Artistic Director of “ Educational two-year course for dance teacher on methodology of Cuban classical ballet”, in collaboration with University Institute “Alicia Alonso” – Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
From 2006 until 2012: Dance Teacher and Artistic Director of the Studies Center “Evento Danza”, Rome. Choreographer of the experimental group “Longe Dance Project” for the introduction to the contemporary dance
• 2009, Rome (Italy) – Master’s degree in Contemporary Dance, Rome National Dance Academy
LEANDRO PEREZ SANABRIA
He began studies of the Specialty in 1998 at the Provincial School of Ballet '' Alejo Carpentier '' of Havana, concluding them at the National School of Ballet in 2006, where he joined the National Ballet of Cuba, under the direction of artistic-technique of the absolute prima ballerina Alicia Alonso. PROMOTIONS First level dance corps in 2007 Soloist in 2009 First soloist in 2011 Principal dancer of character 2012 to date During these years he has integrated the cast of several ballet scenes in Cuba and abroad, whose repertoire includes works of the great romantic-classical tradition, neoclassical, contemporary among others. Some of these have been:
La Bella Durmiente [Carabose] - Alfonsina
Cenicienta [lLeontine] - Día de la Creación
El Lago de los Cisnes[Von Rorbart] - Solitario
La Flauta Mágica [El criado del marqués] -Tablada
Chueco [Santero] -A los Confines de la Tierra
Nápolis [Solista Tarantela] - Don Quijote[Quijote, torero y amigos
Shakespeare[Señor Capuleto] - Cascanueces [Drosselmeyer]
Sombra de un vals - Teseo y el Minotauro
Elegía por un joven[Payaso y Maestro de ceremonia] - Cuadros de una Exposición
Dido abandonada - Giselle [Duque]
Serenata Goyezca[Vendedor] - Tiempo de Danzón
Desnuda Luz de Amor - Después del Diluvio
Dionaea - Habanera Suite
Tiempo Fuera de la Memoria - Danzas de Mozart
During his career he has been invited to interviews in various mass media (radio, TV and written press), having several moments in which he has had favorable reviews regarding his representation of different roles.
2007: 2008: 2009:
Febrero Guatemala Agosto Rep. Dominicana Mayo Brasil
Marzo Ecuador Octubre Canadá Julio Nicaragua
Mayo Costa Rica Sept a Nov. España e Italia
Octubre México Diciembre Canadá
2010: 2011 2012
Enero España Febrero Canadá Mayo China
Marzo a Mayo U.K. y Francia Marzo México
Septiembre Australia Mayo a Junio USA2013
Noviembre Italia Sept a Nov. España Sept a Nov España
Diciembre Canadá Diciembre Canadá
Junio Puerto Rico Sept a Nov. España y Oman
He has worked with national and international choreographers, such as Alicia Alonso, Alberto Mendez, Gustavo Herrera, Goyo Montero [Esp], Ramon Oller [Esp], Jean Grand Maitre [Can], Jean Kelly [USA], Anabel Lopez [Bel], among others. In addition to her participation in the editions of the International Ballet Festival of Havana, she has dabbled in different Danish genres such as Spanish dances, Cuban and Caribbean rhythms; represented in squares, theaters and tourist recreation centers. Important to highlight as an active professional dancer, his work as a teacher in both the National Ballet School and the National Ballet of Cuba. Working in this way with satisfactory results, with children from pre-school training to professional dancers and taking many of them to national and international competitions, obtaining relevant achievements in the continuous development of the new generations dedicated to the world of dance. He is currently developing this work in multiple dance schools in Catalonia such as Casinet de Hostafran, C.D.C, B.D.C, Loida Grau, among others, including different works in the great theater LICEO.
DANIEL ALEJANDRO SENÉ
Academic training 1994-2000 - Studies at the Elementary School of Ballet "Alejo Carpentier"
2000-2003 - National School of Ballet "Fernando Alonso", Havana, Cuba
2007-2012 - Degree in Social Communication, University of Havana, Cuba
Titles 2003 - Title of Dancer and Professor of Ballet, National School of Ballet "Fernando Alonso", Havana, Cuba.
2012 - Bachelor of Social Communication - University of Havana, Cuba
Professional experience: 2003-2007 - Dancer of the National Ballet of Cuba. 2008-2018
Guest professor of the National Ballet of Cuba. 2015-2017 - Professor of the Irene Rodríguez Company.
2007-2018 - Professor of the National Ballet School "Fernando Alonso" and the International Dance Chair of the National Ballet of Cuba.
Orazio Caiti began his studies in Bari with Diane Durant, later he perfected himself at the "Academie de danse classique princesse Grace" in Monte Carlo under the artistic direction of Marika Besobrasova and later at the regional Academy of the Teatro Nuovo in Turin, studying with Susanne Oussov, Christine Hamel, Ramona De Saa, Alex Ursuliak, k. Bennett subsequently entering the company of the New Theater. Thus he has the opportunity to dance alongside Raffaele Paganini, Gabriella Cohen, Luciana Savignano.
In 1987 he joined the company of the "Aterballetto" where he will play leading and solo roles in the choreographies of the great international names in dance: Step Text - Four Point Counter - Love Songs, cor.W. Forsythe, Escaped - Night Creature - The River, cor. A.Ailey, Agon - Who Cares, cor. G. Balanchine, Forgetten Land cor. J.Kilian, Bolero - Sonata a Trois cor. M.Bejart, Scrutiny cor. D.Parson, Mythical Hounters - Greening cor. G.Tetley, Suite cor. U.Scholz, Sons of Adam cor. M.Abbondanza -A.Bertoni. He also performs choreographies by: J. Muller, L.Child, M.Van Hooke, R.Petit. He holds roles such as Drosselmeier in the "Nutcracker", Mercuzio / Tebaldo in "Romeo and Juliet", Coppelius in "Coppelia", Dott.Jackyl in "Dott. Jackyl and Mr. Hyde ", Escamillo in" Carmen ", with the choreography of A.Amodio and represented in international tours: United States, South America, France, Germany, South-East Asia, etc.
With Aterballetto, he also participates in national and international festivals such as: "United we Dance" (San Francisco), "The mirrors of Trieste", "Petit train du plaisire" (Pesaro) next to: A.Ferri, J. Bocca, G.Iancu under the artistic direction of Vittoria Ottolenghi.
In 2000 he took part in an Italian Tourneè returning to dance "Step Text" alongside Sylvie Guillem.
In 1993 he collaborated with D.Erzalow for the fashion shows of Issey Myake in Paris and Tokyo, he participated as principal dancer in the film: "Occhio Pinocchio" by F. Nuti, thus starting a collaboration with F.Miseria in television productions such as: "Desafio de los Dioses ”Antenna 3 TV (Spain),“ VIP 93 ”Telecinco (Spain) as first dancer next to H. Parisi,“ San Remo Famosi ”and“ Novecento ”RAIUNO (Italy) conducted by P.Baudo.
From 1997 under the artistic direction of M.Bigonzetti he inaugurates his choreographic research creating for L’Aterballetto: “Circus” - “Ricreazione”– “Nove ritratti” ballet made for the “Il Violino e la Selce” festival with the direction of F.Battiato and original music for string orchestra, by M ° P. Castaldi - “Fuga Naturale”, which debuted at the Pergolesi Theater of Jesi, in the ambit of the Leopardian celebrations - "Distant destinations" created for the Theater of Saint Quentin en Yvelines (Paris), which debuted as part of the exhibition dedicated to young European choreographers: "Emergens".
From 2001 to 2003 he was the first dancer in musical productions such as: "Un americano a Parigi" with C.Desica cor. F.Miseria, "Tosca - Amore Disperato" music by L.Dalla cor. D. Erzalow, in the same period also participates, in a Swiss production, in the show "Zorba the Greek" cor. E.Frey in the role of Zorba, at the same time he was appointed Artistic Director of the Ass. Pugliadanza taking care of the laboratory of young professionals, thus starting his path as a teacher working with numerous structures.
The artistic research leads him to compete also as an actor in: "Almost ... almost ... I strip" with the direction of E. Strippoli and in "Trial" during the review "Carne Cruda" conceived by S. Nardini and the same O .Caiti.
He is currently the choreographer of the Musical Opera: "Actor Dei" presented at the Sala Nervi of the Vatican (Rome) with a debut in S. Giovanni Rotondo (FG) on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of "Casa sollievo della sofferenza", he also collaborates as Professor and Choreographer C / O the school of musical arts St. Louis (Rome).
In 2009 he choreographed the show "Opera Musical Italian Rock '68".
Meanwhile, he continues his artistic collaboration at various dance schools as a teacher and presides over various juries and competitions.
In 2017 he was a guest as a professor of the "Fama a bailar" zero program.
In 2018 he creates "burning the house" and "D" for the Altradanza company and again in 2018 recreates the musical work "Actor Dei"
RAMONA DE SAA
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/18
Ramona de Saá began studying classical ballet after having received a scholarship at the age of eleven along with her sister, Margarita de Saá. She was a student with Fernando and Alicia Alonso, Magda González, Mary Skeaping, Ana Ivanova and Jose Parés at the Alicia Alonso Academy.
She was one of the first ballerinas of the National Ballet of Cuba. With the Cuban National Ballet Company de Saá toured Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, Mexico, Germany, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Czechoslovakia, China, Korea, Mongolia and the former Soviet Union. An injury saw her retire as a ballerina in 1966, after 12 successful years as a dancer.
In 1962 she founded the National School of Arts directed by Fernando Alonso. In 1965 she was named directress of the National Ballet School and in 1977 was promoted as a National Adviser with the Arts Teaching Division, currently known as National Arts Schools Center, CNEART.
De Saá is an outstanding ballet mistress, one of the most renowned experts in dance teaching in today's world, she is internationally acknowledged as the designer of today's classical dance teaching system in Cuba. She is a professor with the Cuban National Ballet School, an assistant professor with the Higher Institute for the Arts and a methodologist at the National Arts School Center in Cuba, and the current Director of the Cuban National Ballet School.
She has been the professor and mentor of most of the main male dancers and ballerinas with the Cuban National Ballet company, including, among many others, former principal with American Ballet Theater- and Carlos Acosta –guest principal dancer with the Royal Ballet of the London based in Royal Opera House.
At present she is a promoter and organizer of national and international dance competitions and festivals for ballet students; she has also participated in international events as ballet mistress, jury member and professor in technical assistance programs in different countries.
She has received important awards and recognitions, including Cuba’s highest cultural distinction –the “Felix Varela” Order- granted by the Cuban Council of State; a Diploma from the Nina Novak Ballet, Caracas, Venezuela; the Citizen of Honor Title by the City of Torino, Italy; the Vignale Danza Award in Italy; the Jeonville Festival Best Mistress Award in Brazil; the Grand Prix as Best International Ballet Mistress at the Reggio Danza Festival held in Calabria, Italy.
In 2006 Ramona de Sáa Bello received Cuba’s National Dance Award for her entire life’s work.
MARIA CRISTINA ALVAREZ FERNANDEZ
Profesora y Maître de Ballet
Instituto Superior de Danza “Alicia Alonso”, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, España. Maestra principale e Metodóloga de la Escuela Cubana de Ballet, 1995-2004
Ballet de la Comunidad de Madrid “Víctor Ullate”. Asistente alla Direzione Artística 2006-2010
Instituto Superior de Danza “Alicia Alonso”, Madrid, España. Maestra Principale e Metodóloga de la Escuela Cubana de Ballet, 2011-2013.
Máster Universitario en Artes Escénicas, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid España ,2012.
Bailarina Principal del Ballet Nacional de Cuba. 1960-1984
Maître Principal del Ballet Nacional de Cuba. 1984-1995
Ballet Du Rhin, Strasbourg. Maestra invitada. 1982
Los Ballets San Juan, Puerto Rico. Maestra invitada. 1984
Maestra invitada, Ballet de Monterrey, México 1990
City Ballet School, Canadá. Maestra invitada. 1994
Opera de Bordeaux, France. Maestra invitada. 1995
Equipo Nacional Gimnasia Rítmica de España. Maestra Principal. 1997-2001
Compañía Nacional de Danza “Nacho Duato”. Maestra invitada. 2002
Centro de Danza “Víctor Ullate”. Profesora titular y metodóloga. 2004-2006
LAZARO CARREÑO VINAS
- Cubanacan National Arts School, Havana. Cuba.
- Agripina Choreography School, Leningrad.
- Among others, he studied with:
Josefina Mendez, Ana Petrovna Bajjacva, Victor Mijailovich,
Tuluviov Semenon, Solomonvich Caplan, Alexander Sergueievich Puschkin.
1969 Professional debut
1972 Soloist category
1974 Principal dancer category
1976 First dancer category
Upon finishing his studies he joined the Camagüey National Ballet where he interpreted different contemporary and classical roles. On the following year he started dancing with the Cuban National Ballet, undertaking principal roles in a miscellaneous repertoire and obtaining excellent reviews worldwide.
The Mexican Bellas Artes Ballet, the American Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre, the French Arenas de Dimiez Festival, the Caracas International Ballet and the Brazilian Theatre Ballet of Rio have invited Careño as a guest dancer. He has enjoyed enormous success both with the public and the critics.
His extensive repertoire includes principal roles in the great classical tradition. Also, contemporary works by Cuban and foreign choreographers; such as: Mijail Lacopson, Anton Dolin, Brian MacDonald, Hilda Riveros, Alberto Mendez, Lic D’Laire, Atilio Lavis, Elsa Marianne Bone Rossen, Alberto Alonso y Alicia alonso.
He has danced alongside Alicia Alonso in: “El Torero de Carmen”, “Dido Abandonada” (her own creation), “Roberto el Diablo” and “Cleopatra”
1970 First place in juvenile in Varna, Bulgaria
1972 Medal and Diploma in Pleven, Bulgaria
1973 Artistic Mastery special award and diploma in Moscow
1974 Silver Medal and Artistic Mastery special award in Varna, Bulgaria
1978 Puerto Rican School of Lawyers Medal
1980 Masculine Individual Excellence Gold Medal in Tokyo
1983 Aldo Lotufo Gold Medal special award masculine
1983 Gold Medal special award couples, Brazil.
He has also been awarded The Cuban National Arts Medal, the highest artistic recognition in Cuba. He remains the most awarded Cuban dancer of all times.
MAITRE DE BALLET
Carreño’s teaching career has been as remarkable as his dance. He first started teaching ballet in the Cuban Company back in 1972. Then, in 1976 he was granted the title of Maitre of Ballet.
Throughout his professional career he has combined his talent as a teacher, dancer and presenter of several dance pieces. He has staged different works in the classical style. Although he has specialised mainly in Pas de Deux, he has also taken on contemporary pieces.
For several years he taught dance at the Cuban National Ballet School. Indeed, he has trained many of today’s most outstanding dancers in the international dance scene, including, among many others; José Manuel Carreño, Carlos Acosta, Yuri Yanosvki, Goyo Montero, Lienz Chang, Joan Boada, Julio Arozarena and Jesus Corrales.
1993-1996: Teacher at the Alicia Alonso dance course, Complutense University of Madrid.
1995: Guest dancer at the Santiago de Chile Municipal Theatre. Interpreting Don Jose in “Carmen”(choreographed by Ilda Reversos). He also collaborated in the re-staging of Jaime Segura’s “Don Quixote”
Oct/96-Mar/97: Guest teacher at the Royal Conservatory of Dance in Madrid. Teaching Ballet Classical Duo and repertoire. Staging several pas de deux and Raymonda Grand pas for the choreographic workshop at the Conservatory.
Jan/1997: Guest teacher at the Rhine Opera Ballet in France.
Apr/1997: Guest teacher at the dance academy of the prestigious Spanish teacher Dona Maria de Avila in Zaragoza.
Oct/Nov/Dec/1997: Guest teacher at the Barcelona Theatre Institute directed by Catherine Allard.
Jan/1998: Appointed guest director to the Juan Anxieta Dance School in Bilbao.
Mar/Apr/1998: Guest teacher at the National Dance Company in Madrid, directed by dancer and choreographer Nacho Duato.
Oct/Nov/1998: Guest teacher at the Canadian National Dance Company and at the National Ballet School of Canada.
May/2000: Guest teacher at the Municipal Theatre of Rio, Brazil.
Jan/2000: Guest teacher at the Lodz Opera Ballet in Poland. There he staged the revival of “Coppellia” in three acts.
Jun/2000: Guest teacher at the London Royal Ballet, England.
Nov/2000: Guest teacher at the London Royal ballet, England.
Mar/2001: Guest teacher at The Opera of Paris, France.
Apr/2001: Guest teacher at the American Ballet Theatre, New York, USA.
Carreño has also been invited twice this year as guest teacher at the Mr and Mrs Goh Academy of Ballet.
2.003 - 2008 "Principal Teacher and Coach" Houston Ballet
2009-2011: Ballet Angel Corella
2011-2012: Curses in Spanish, México, Canadá, …
25th - 26th FEBRUARY 2020
Matan David was born in 1982 in Israel.
At the age of 11 Matan started to dance for a local folklore Company.
From 1998-2001 Matan Went to Talma Yalin’s Art school where he took upon dance more seriously.
In the year 1999 Matan Participated in the Bat Dor’s Summer program
In the year 2000 Matan Participated in the Juilliard’s summer program
In the year 2001-2003 At the age of 18, Matan got accepted to Batsheva’s young company - Batsheva Ensemble
At 2003 Matan Got into the main company of Batsheva and until 2013 Matan was a part of Naharin’s creation and development of his movement language - Gaga as well as being a part in the creation of Naharin’s most memorable pieces.
While being in Batsheva Matan worked with Barak Marshal, Sharon Eyal, Matz Ek and preformed in the most important venues and theaters around the world.
Between 2013-2017 Matan was acting as the director of Batsheva’s Ensemble.
While being a Director also acting as a freelance dancer in smaller projects.
In 2017 acting as a choreographer’s assistant while creating a piece for IL DANCE in Sweden.
Also between the years 2013 till Today (2019) Matan is Ohad Naharin’s right hand in putting his pieces on other Companies Around the world:
Batsheva (Israel), Paris Opera (FRANCE), Ballet De Rhin (FRANCE), Oslo Ballet (NORWAY), Innsbruck Ballet (AUSTRIA), Stanislavsky Ballet (RUSSIA), Malpaso (CUBA), Gautier Dance (GERMANY), Rambert 2 (UK), Grenade (FRANCE), Ireland Ballet (Ireland)
Matan is a senior Gaga teacher
In January 2019 Matan started to work on his own movment vision with the NOD program in Turin (ITALY).
Matan David is also an “Ilan Lev” therapist (A method developed in Israel).
GUEST TEACHER ACADEMIC YEARS 2017/18 - 2018/19
15th - 16th MAY 2019
Kate Flatt works internationally in contemporary dance, ballet, film, opera, theatre and musicals, including the original musical staging for Les Misérables at the RSC, in the West End and beyond.
Dance theatre choreography includes Undivided Loves (Phoenix Dance Theatre), Slowburn, Soul Play, The Ballroom of Joys and Sorrows, The Oss and the Ox, Step Ladder and a Goat.
Theatre work includes for National Theatre Three Sisters, Dream Play, Albert Speer, Power, and Ends of the Earth; for Young Vic Dr Faustus, Skellig and The Skin of Our Teeth; for Old Vic Hamlet, Hamlet and Kreutzer Sonata (The Gate).
Music theatre includes original production of Les Miserables, Fiddler on the Roof (Sheffield, West End),
Opera choreography includes Turandot (Royal Opera and international revivals); Gloriana, Peter Grimes, Carmelites (Opera North, ENO) as well as productions at Glyndebourne, at Bastille, Paris, Valencia and Washington.
Film includes Chaplin, Restoration and The Avengers and co-devising/choreographing The Dancing Room for BBC2.
Kate teaches choreography at the Royal Ballet School, gives master classes and courses and is mentor to emerging choreographers.
She is a Churchill Fellow, and holds a Rayne Foundation Choreographic Fellowship.
GUEST TEACHER ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/18
Simona Tartaglione inizia la sua formazione di danza a Torino, sua città natale. Nel 1994 perfeziona i suoi studi all’Accademia Regionale di Torino, dove si forma in danza classica e contemporanea fino e dove comincia a lavorare con la compagnia del Teatro Nuovo di Torino continuando la sua formazione diplomandosi nel 1999 .
Dopo aver completato gli studi, la Compagnia Teatro Nuovo di Torino gli offre un contratto. Rimarrà in questa compagnia fino al 2002 dove ha la possibilità di interpretare il repertorio classico e pezzi di vari coreografi di fama internazionale (Nacho Duato, Robert North, Jiri Kilian, Lindsay Kemp, Luciano Cannito, Marco Berriel, etc.) .
Nel 2002 si trasferisce in Germania poiché contrattata dallo Ballett StadtTheater Bielefeld dove rimarrà fino al 2006 e dove verrà premiata come Miglior Giovane danzatrice del Nordrhein-Westfalen nel ruolo di Coppelia. In questa compagnia interpreta molte coreografie del direttore e coreografo Philip Landsdale interpretando numerosi ruoli.
Nel 2006 viene contrattata dal Ballett StadtTheater Hagen dove rimarrà fino al 2008 e dove oterrrà nuovamente il premio come migliore ballerina del Nordrhein-Westfalen nel ruolo di Giselle.
In questa compagnia interpreta numerosi ruoli del direttore e coreografo Ricardo Fernando.
Nel 2008 si traferisce in Svizzera a Losanna dopo esser stata contrattata dalla prestigiosa compagnia del Béjart Ballet Lausanne, dove rimarrà fino al 2013.
In questa compagnia interpreta numerosi ruoli nelle coreografie di Maurice Béjart , Gil Roman, Tony Fabre e Sthan Kabar-Louët e dove da danzerà in molti teatri di fama internazionale tra cui Teatro Bolshoi di Mosca, Il Bunka Kaikan di Tokio, Teatro Mariinskij di San Pietroburgo e molti altri.
Nell’agosto del 2013 decide di dedicarsi all’insegnamento della danza Insegando nell’ École de Danse Martinelli a Nyon e alla AFJD di Losanna. E participando a stage di danza come insegnante invitata con l’insegnamento della danza classica e Workshop coreografici.
Unisce l’insegnamento della danza il GYROTONIC® fondando con Angelo Murdocco StudioCorpo, GYROTONIC® method Lausanne.
Fonda la FDC (Future Dance Career) che ha lo scopo di aiutare i ballerini e futuri ballerini, a trovare la compagnia adatta a loro.
Consegue successivamente la certificazione come istruttrice di Antigravity® Fitness.
Viene invitata in vari stage di livello Internazionale.
GUEST TEACHER ACADEMIC YEARS 2017/18 - 2018/19
DANCER, TEACHER, AND ENTREPRENEUR FROM THE LOWER EAST SIDE OF NEW YORK CITY. SHE IS BASED IN NEW YORK CITY AND BARCELONA, SPAIN. NYA DANCED WITHTHE DEBORAH ZALL PROJECT: IN THE COMPANY OF WOMEN, THE WASHINGTON NATIONAL OPERA, THE MARTHA GRAHAM DANCE COMPANY, GRAHAM 2 ALONG WITH A FEW OTHER DANCE COMPANIES, PRODUCTIONS, AND CHOREOGRAPHERS BOTH IN NEW YORK CITY AND BARCELONA. NYA HAS APPEARED IN COMMERCIALS, TELEVISION SHOWS, AND A FEW SHORT FILMS. PRESENTLY, NYA IS PART-TIME FACULTY AT THE MARTHA GRAHAM SCHOOL AND RUTGERS UNIVERSITY. NYA IS ALSO THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY NYC STAR HOSPITALITIES. A DESTINATION CONCIERGE COMPANY THAT SPECIALIZES IN NYC TOURISM AND TRAVEL. SHE IS ALSO FOUNDER OF THE BARCELONA INTERNACIONAL DANCE SUMMER INTENSIVE A PROGRAM THAT INCORPORATES DANCE, TOURISM, AND LANGUAGE TO DEVELOP YOUNG DANCE ARTISTS.
Performer, Teacher, and Entrepreneur with talent in a wide variety of dance education and artistic development. Demonstrates excellent knowledge of the Graham Technique. Blends humor and imagery to keep participants engaged and encouraged.
Certificate Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance, New York, USA
B.F.A. Dance Mason Gross School of Arts at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
SELECTIVE TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Professor Present
Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Taught Martha Graham Technique to B.F.A. Dance candidates
- Teach Modern Dance to B.A. Dance candidates and non-dancers
- Teach Dance Composition to B.A. Dance candidates and non-dancers
Guest Teaching Artist Fall 1997-Present
- Dance Theatre of Harlem, New York, NY, USA
- Adelphi University, Long Island, New York, USA
- Barcelona Internacional Dance Summer Intensive at Barcelona Dance Center, Spain § Institut del Teatre, Barcelona, Spain
- Institute of the Arts of Barcelona (IAB), Barcelona, Spain
- Company & Company Escuela de Danza, Barcelona, Spain
- Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre, New York, NY
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London, United Kingdom
- The Place, London, United Kingdom
- Peridance, New York, NY
Adjunct Professor Fall 2008-2009 Long Island University, Brooklyn, New York
- Taught Graham Modern to B.A. Dance candidate students
Faculty Fall 2003-Present
The Martha Graham Dance School of Contemporary Dance, New York
- Teach Graham technique to beginners, teens, pre-professionals, and non-dancers. § Taught Creative Workshop to teens
- Restaged Martha Graham’s repertory Celebration on teens.
Faculty Fall 2003-Spring 2008 The Harlem School of Arts, New York
- Taught Graham Technique and choreographed annual final dance concert § Auditioned new dancers for the Teen College Prep Program
Teach Martha Graham Technique, Improvisation, and Movement for ActorswLicensed NYC Tour GuidewTour/Travel CoordinatorwSpeak Commutative SpanishwPublic Speaking wDirectingwActingwCoach Teaching/MentoringwWrite lesson plans using Johnson and Johnson Cooperative Learning TheorywStrategic PlanningwMicrosoft SkillswPower Point wBasic Office SkillswSocial MediawInternet ResearchwResidency Visa of Spain
HONORS, AWARDS, & SCHOLARSHIPS
Full Scholarship from Martha Graham Dance School (2001-2005)
Grant from Inaugural New Educator Support Team Institute (NEST) (2001)
Certificate of Appreciation and Outstanding Teacher Award from Brooklyn and Staten Island High Schools Superintendent (1999)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS MEMBERSHIPS
American Guild of Musical Artists (AGMA) Actors Equity Association (AEA)
SELECTIVE PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
Guide Association of New York City The Barcelona American Society
Director, James Robinson Choreographer, Sean Curran
Artistic Director, Deborah Zall
Director, Francesca Zambello Choreographer Eric Fogel
Artistic Director, Janet Eilber
Director, Andrei Şerban Choreographer, Kate Flatt
Director, Penny Woolcock Chor, Andrew Dawson
Director, Stephen Lawless Choreographer, Matt Ferrare
Director, Jowalle Jo Walla
Directors, Therese Capucilli & Christine Dakin
Directors, Kenneth Topping & Marnie Thomas
Choreographer, Gabri Christa
Canal Cocina Channel, Spain Director, Dean Parisot, CBS Director, David Chase, HBO New Tang Dynasty TV, China
Director, Nickolet Allen Dir. Geoffrey Armes Chor. Christine Dakin Director, Ryan Meyers Director, Randy Dottin Chor. Obediyah Wright
Director, Jenny Bloom
Director, Wally Pfiser
Macy’s Department Store RSA Films, USA
Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
- Assisted Graham Regisseur Miki Orihara and Tadej Brdnik restaging Martha Graham’s repertory Dark Meadow on BFA dance candidate students
Blanchard’s Champion Washington National Opera
The Deborah Zall Project
Verdi’s The Force of Destiny Washington National Opera
Cercando Picasso, Italian Tour Martha Graham Dance Company
Puccini’s Turandot Washington National Opera
John Adams’ Dr. Atomic NY Metropolitan Opera
Wagner’s The Flying Dutchman Washington National Opera
Urban Bush Woman
Indisputably Martha Graham
Martha Graham Dance Company Graham 2
DanzAisa Dance Company
Me Voy A Comer El Mundo
The Good Wife, “Double Jeopardy” The Sopranos, “Made In America” Chinese Global Gala Spectacular
Dancer Dancer Cover Dancer
Guest Victim Tourist Dancer
Featured Dancer Dancer
Featured Carnival Cruises “Message In A Bottle” Funny Lady
Broken Chains Noor
Lifted, Fox Searchlight Film
The Modern Venus Bowery Café, NY
Jockey Sports Industrial Heineken, “Global Party”
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
Model Underwear Model
Owner & Director of Operations 2009-Present NYC STAR HOSPITALITIES LLC, New York, USA
- Lead projects related to Education, Tourism and Travel Planning in NYC and Barcelona § Strategic planning for successful events, gain new clients, funding, and marketing
- Design, develop, execute, oversee and manage all projects
Rehearsal Director 2007-2009 Marianna Beckerman Dance Company, New York, USA
- Prepared and rehearsed dancers for performances
Made recommendations on hiring, assigning roles, and future projects
Assistant Arts Education Coordinator Summer 2007 Downtown Battery Dance Festival, New York, USA
- Assisted Arts Educator with festival segment, “Everybody Dance Now”
- Coordinated and motivated audience to participate in “Everybody Dance Now”
Director/Coordinator of Young Artist Program 2005-2007
Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance, New York, NY USA
- Lead and supervised a team of teachers, musicians, guest artists, & work-study students
- Created and managed auditions, tuition, schedules, special workshops, and classes
- Collaborated directly with School Director, Education Director, and Development
Director on perspective grants, budgets, tuitions, scholarships, and strategic planning
- Compiled data reports on the overall progress of the program
JURORS, PANELS, AND, PRESENTATIONS
Jurors: Julio Bocca, Nya Bowman, Christine Dakin, Gino Labate, Javier Latorre, Igal Perry, Georgina Rigola, and Héctor Zaraspe (2014) Certamen Internacional de Danza Ciutat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Jurors: Nya Bowman, Javier Latorre, Salvador Niebla, Igal Perry, Georgina Rigola, and Héctor Zaraspe (2013), Certamen Internacional de Danza Ciutat de Barcelona, Spain
Panel: Joe Abraham, Leslie-Annette Boyce, Nya Bowman, Danyelle Demchock, and Ron Hoffman, Moderator: Lauren Gordon, (2010), Planting and Growing your Business, Career Transitions for Dancers, New York City, NY
Presentation: Master Teacher Marnie Thomas Wood and Teacher Nya Bowman (2004), How to implement Dance in the Classroom: A Dancer’s Journal: Step into a Dancer’s Shoes to Learn About “Martha Graham the Mother Of Modern Dance,” Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts’ ArtsEdge, Washington DC
OTHER RELEVANT EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Travel & Tourism Consultant Management, Harvard Mentor Program
- Peridance (Ballet: Martha Chapman & Graciela Kozak)
- FastTrac® GrowthVenutreTM Kauffman Group, How To Grow Your Business
- Meisner Technique, Barcelona Actors’ Workshop with Frank Feys, Barcelona
- La Escuela del La Companyia (Intensive Ballet Study: J Jean Emile)
- La Escuela de Ballet Eulália Blasi (Intensive Ballet Study: Ángeles Lacalle)
- Chorus Group, Voces Para La Tranformacíon de la Tierra, Barcelona
- Creative Dance Labs, Barcelona International Dance Exchange
- Speakeasy & The International House of Spanish Language Schools, Spain
- Commercial Acting classes with Cathy Searle at Scott Powers Acting Studio
- Tour Guide Management Enhancement Program at NYC & Company
- New Educator Support Team (NEST) Inaugural Coach Teacher Course, NY
- Dance New Amsterdam (Simonson Jazz: Kititi King and Ballet: Martha Chapman) §Broadway Dance Center (Jazz: Sheila Barker & Slam; Ballet: Kat Wildish)
- American Ballet Theater (Ballet: Diane Cartier)
- Bates Dance Festival (Contemporary Afro-Caribbean Dance & Ballet)
- Educational Curriculum Development The College of Saint Rose with Integrated Teacher § Alvin Ailey School (Ballet: Sheila Rohan; Dunham: Joan Peters; Horton: Regina Larkin)